Skip to main content

Military-No Repentant Boko Haram was recruited

The Nigerian Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor said no terrorist was ever recruited into the armed forces or other services and they will never find their way into the military, as another 559 ‘Clients’ are set to graduate DRRR process.

Gen Irabor who was represented by Major Gen Mutiu Adeyemi Yekini, the Chief of Defence Training and Operations disclosed this at the opening ceremony of Operation Safe Corridor Stakeholders Meeting to work out modalities for transferring 559 ‘Rehabilitated Clients’ to their state government authorities, the CDS said, 

“There have been concerns that Operation Safe Corridor graduates are being recruited by the military and Para-military agencies.

There have been built up anxiety amongst some Nigerians that repentant members of the notorious Boko Haram terrorists group may have found their way into the military and Para-Military Services.

However the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen Lucky Irabor debunked this and allayed the fears of such Nigerians, he said no terrorist was ever recruited into the armed forces or other services.

“I wish to clearly dispute this assertion and reassure Nigerians that none of the over 1,000 rehabilitated Nigerians from OPSC DRR has been recruited and will never be recruited into the Nigerian Military or sister security services due to stringent safeguards in place to prevent such recruitment.

“The programme has so far graduated over 1,000 clients including 16 foreign nationals, who have been successfully reintegrated by their national and state governments.

“A total of 559 new clients are currently going through the DRR Program at the DRR Camp in Gombe State.

The meeting was attended by Representative of Switzerland Ambassador to Nigeria, Representatives of the Governors of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Plateau, Sokoto, Yobe and the Zamfara States, Representative of the National Security Adviser and Representatives of Heads of Intelligence and Security Agencies among others.

A detailed breakdown of the modus operandi employed to tackle the insurgents was a major highlight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Wins Big In Governor Nyesom Wike's Local Government Area

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, has won the Obio-Akpor, the Local Government Area of Governor Nyesom Wike in Rivers State by a landslide. Tinubu polled 80,239 votes to defeat the Candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, who came a distant second with 3,829 and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), who got 368 votes.

N1.15bn Vehicles Purchase For Niger Republic-The Federal Government Gives Reasons

The Federal Government, on Wednesday, defends the disbursement of N1.15bn for the purchase of 10 SUVs for the Republic of Niger, saying that the move is to enable the country to safeguard its territory in the best interest of Nigeria’s security. The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, said it was not the first time Nigeria is supporting her neighbours. She asserted that the President had a responsibility to make such decisions “in the best interests of the country.” She said this while answering questions from State House Correspondents after the Federal Executive Council meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari. According to the Minister;  “Let me just say that, over time, Nigeria has had to support its neighbours, especially immediate neighbours, to enhance their capacity to secure their countries as it relates to us. “This is not the first time that Nigeria has supported Niger, Cameroon or Chad, and the President makes an assessment as to what i...

Hushpuppi Gets 11-Year Jail Term

Ramon Abbas popularly referred to as  ‘HUSHPUPPI,' has been sentenced to 11 years in prison in the United States. The instagram 'big boy,' will however, spend nine years in prison because he had spent two years already in the US following his arrest in Dubai in 2020. In June 2020, Hushpuppi was arrested in Dubai over an extensive fraud scheme that has robbed victims of their money in the U.S, Qatar, the United Kingdom, and other places. In a final appeal to judge Otis Wright ahead of his scheduled sentencing on September 19, Hushpuppi wrote a personal letter to the court narrating his source of wealth, criminal adventure and regrets. Abbas, apologised to his family members for bringing them shame while commending the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for doing a thorough job in bringing him to justice.