Skip to main content

In a Flash - Nigerian News Dailies

 


Daily Trust 

Atiku, Obi Have Nothing To Offer Nigerians — Shettima

A former Governor of Borno State and vice presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Kashim Shettima, has said that the presidential candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, and his Labour Party (LP) counterpart, Peter Obi, have nothing to offer to Nigerians.

Shettima spoke yesterday in Abuja during a one-day symposium on “Dissecting the Asiwaju Manifesto (Renewed Hope 2023): Action Plan for a Better Nigeria” organised by the APC Professionals Forum.


The Punch

Obi investment in Anambra next to nothing – Soludo

The Governor of Anambra state, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has said the alleged investment of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, in the state government is worth next to nothing.

Soludo stated this on Thursday during an interview with Channels TV’s Politics Today which was monitored by The PUNCH.


Channels News

NNPP Asks Buhari To Caution APC Govs After Attack On Atiku Campaign Convoy.

The New Nigerian People’s Party (NNPP) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to call his party governors to order so as not to truncate Nigeria’s hard-earned democracy.


The Guardian

65,699 PVCs burnt, fear heightens after twin attacks on INEC offices.

A resurgence of arson targeted at public institutions, especially those critical to the successful conduct of the 2023 general elections, yesterday, raised fears of a volatile electioneering season as the country begins its countdown to the polls.


Daily Post

Nigerian govt spends N8.3trn on officials, can’t give ASUU N1trn – Ndume

Sen. Ali Ndume has criticized the Nigerian government for earmarking trillions of naira for public officials.

Ndume wants 50 percent of National Assembly members’ salaries allocated to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) members.


Leadership

Flood: NEMA Presents Relief Materials To Bayelsa Govt.

National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has formally presented food items and other relief materials to flood victims in Bayelsa State.

The presentation yesterday followed weeks of protests from the state government and stakeholders over the delay and lacklustre attitude displayed towards the state despite the last month directive by President Muhammadu Buhari for all interventionist agencies to help all the states ravaged by flood with grains and other items.


This Day

• Tinubu Will Win Landslide in the South-south, Says Group.

The South-south Agenda for Tinubu/Shettima (SSAT) has declared that the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will win the  election by a landslide in the South-south region.

,• Buhari: No Going Back on Naira Redesign

*Insists nobody will be allowed to mobilise resources and thugs to intimidate people

*CBN reiterates commitment to real sector intervention.

*LCCI urges apex bank to convert lower naira denomination to coins.


Vanguard

KIDNAPPING: Police beef up security at Lagos-Ibadan expressway, Onigari axis.

The Oyo and Ogun states Police Commands, have re-affirmed their commitment to rid both states and surrounding environs off undesirable criminal elements.


Premium Times

2023: Tinubu meets miners, vows not to respond to “ugly rumours.”

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, says he will not respond to “untruths and ugly rumours,” but stick to real issues during the period of the campaigns for the office of the president.

Mr Tinubu, who is facing scrutiny over his past, stated this on Thursday during a town hall meeting with the mining and agro-processing industry players in Lafia, the Nasarawa State capital.

News Credit: Leadership, This Day, Vanguard, Daily Post, Premium Times, Daily Trust, The Punch, Channels News, The Guardian 

Image credit: Vecteezy




Comments

  1. Echoblog your daily updates is world class. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type your comments here

Popular posts from this blog

23 children and 54 Others Camped In A Church, In Ondo State, Rescued By The Police

The Ondo State Police Command said a total of 77 people were found locked in the basement of a church; Whole Bible Deliverance Church located at Valentino Area of Ondo town, Ondo State, reports the Punch News. The police said that the victims comprised 23 kids and 54 others including teenagers and adults, males and females. It was alleged that the victims were kidnapped and kept in the underground apartment of the church for over six months before they were rescued. The church’s pastor and some other members are currently in the custody of the command while the police had begun investigation into the matter In a one-minute, 40 seconds video, a voice was heard saying, “There are kidnapped children found in the underground cell of a church in Valentino Area of Ondo. The pastor and some members of the church have been arrested and were also in the police patrol van.’’ One of the parents of the rescued victims, Mr Michael Olorunyomi, said that he left the church because of alleged wrong Bi...

INEC-N305bn Required To Conduct 2023 Elections

On Monday 20th December, 2021, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), through its Chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu says the commission will require N305 billion to conduct the 2023 general elections. The INEC Boss, made this known in a statement during a meeting with the Senate Committee on Appropriation at the National Assembly. This amount will facilitate the electoral process by aiding the commission to prepare for the election. It will go a long way to assist in the purchase of all the election materials needed and also cover several bye-elections across the country. The INEC Chairman noted however that the commission has already received N100 billion out of the required amount for the elections. The National Assembly is yet to receive a letter from President Muhammad Buhari on his decision to give or withdraw his assent to the Electoral Act Amendment Bill. The 30-day deadline stipulated by the constitution for the President to respond to the bill expired on Sunday...

Britain-ASDA Slashes Prices On Rice, Pasta And Baked Beans

Asda slashes prices on pasta, rice and baked beans to help ‘millions’ of Britain’s poorest families. Following a successful campaign by anti-poverty blogger and budget chef Jack Monroe, Asda has slashed the prices of hundreds of kitchen staples, helping "millions" of Brits. Last month Monroe, a former food bank user, urged supermarkets to make their cheapest food ranges more widely available after highlighting the inflation in key products such as rice and the removal of value ranges from the shelves in her local Asda in Essex. Her Twitter thread warning that official inflation figures "grossly underestimated" the impact of the current cost of living crisis on Britain's poorest families went viral and generated a media storm. In response, on Monday (February 7) Asda committed to stocking its full Smart Price and Farm Stores ranges in all of its stores and online. On Saturday (February 12), three and a half weeks after her viral Tweets, the campaigner, who has be...