Skip to main content

In a Flash - Nigerian News Dailies

PMNEWS 

• Abuja fatal robbery: Police arrest suspect, recover snatched vehicle.

Operatives of Federal Capital Territory, FCT Police Command have arrested one Emmanuel Okoi, 29, suspected to be member of a 6-man robbery gang that robbed a pharmacy and killed one person in Maitaima area of the capital city on Wednesday evening.

DSP Josephine Adeh,the spokesperson of FCT Police Command who announced this in a statement said the suspect was arrested at Jabi Magajipi, off Eco Bank Junction Jabi area of Abuja where a vehicle stolen during the robbery was also recovered.

She added that the suspect was arrested seven hours after the robbery.

According to her, an investigation, an identification parade was conducted where the victim identified the suspect as one of his six abductors.

She added that investigation has been intensified while the FCT Police Command has ordered manhunt for other members of the robbery gang.


Vanguard News 

• PDP crisis: I’ve accepted Atiku, Okowa, says Wike.

AHEAD of the 2023 elections, Governor Nyesom Wike says he has accepted Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar and running mate, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, but will never ever accept party national chairman, Sen Iyorcha Ayu to remain in office before the elections.


SaharaReporters 

• Nnamdi Kanu’s Acquittal Is God's Doing, Too Complex For Human Understanding – Lead Counsel, Ozekhome.


The Nation

• LP makes U-turn, removes NLC, TUC PresidentsIn a Flash - Nigerian News Dailies from Obi’s campaign council.

The Labour Party (LP) on Thursday said it would release a supplementary list to accommodate persons whose names were omitted from the Presidential Campaign Council.

The party said the list would be released before the inauguration of the campaign council for the Peter Obi and Yusuf Baba-Ahmed presidential bid.

National Chairman of the party, Barr Julius Abure, disclosed this during a briefing at the end of an expanded National Working Committee meeting of the party on Thursday in Abuja.


Premium Times 

• ASUU agrees to suspend strike, formal announcement imminent

ASUU agreed to suspend the eight-month-old strike following a National Executive Council.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has resolved to suspend its indefinite strike action.

ASUU’s decision was taken at the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the union in Abuja early Friday.

A formal announcement is expected to be made Friday morning.


Daily Post

• AGF to file fresh charges, insists Nnamdi Kanu discharged, not acquitted.

Fresh trouble may be in the offing for the Biafra nation agitator, Nnamdi Kanu, as the Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, clarified that Kanu was only discharged and not acquitted.


Punch

• Cholera kills 231, NCDC warns against poor hygiene.

A total of 2,187 confirmed cases of cholera, including 233 deaths have been recorded in 31 states from January to September 25, 2022, in the country.

This is according to the public health advisory published by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on its website on Thursday.

The advisory titled, ‘Stop Cholera: Strengthening Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Nigeria,’ noted that the outbreak of cholera had been exacerbated by limited access to clean water and sanitation facilities, open defecation, and poor hygiene practices.


ThisDay

Nigeria Seeks Debt Restructuring from IMF, World Bank.

The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed yesterday disclosed that the Nigerian government was in talks with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank to restructure the country’s debts.

The minister also revealed that the country was considering tapping from the IMF’s newly created Food Shock Window, that allows member-countries to access emergency financing instruments. The new window would be available for a year to provide additional access to emergency financing for countries facing urgent balance-of-payment need related to the global food crisis.



Comments

  1. Thank God for ASUU, thank God too for Winke's understanding.
    Our finance minister is looking for free money to loot .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type your comments here

Popular posts from this blog

23 children and 54 Others Camped In A Church, In Ondo State, Rescued By The Police

The Ondo State Police Command said a total of 77 people were found locked in the basement of a church; Whole Bible Deliverance Church located at Valentino Area of Ondo town, Ondo State, reports the Punch News. The police said that the victims comprised 23 kids and 54 others including teenagers and adults, males and females. It was alleged that the victims were kidnapped and kept in the underground apartment of the church for over six months before they were rescued. The church’s pastor and some other members are currently in the custody of the command while the police had begun investigation into the matter In a one-minute, 40 seconds video, a voice was heard saying, “There are kidnapped children found in the underground cell of a church in Valentino Area of Ondo. The pastor and some members of the church have been arrested and were also in the police patrol van.’’ One of the parents of the rescued victims, Mr Michael Olorunyomi, said that he left the church because of alleged wrong Bi...

Britain-ASDA Slashes Prices On Rice, Pasta And Baked Beans

Asda slashes prices on pasta, rice and baked beans to help ‘millions’ of Britain’s poorest families. Following a successful campaign by anti-poverty blogger and budget chef Jack Monroe, Asda has slashed the prices of hundreds of kitchen staples, helping "millions" of Brits. Last month Monroe, a former food bank user, urged supermarkets to make their cheapest food ranges more widely available after highlighting the inflation in key products such as rice and the removal of value ranges from the shelves in her local Asda in Essex. Her Twitter thread warning that official inflation figures "grossly underestimated" the impact of the current cost of living crisis on Britain's poorest families went viral and generated a media storm. In response, on Monday (February 7) Asda committed to stocking its full Smart Price and Farm Stores ranges in all of its stores and online. On Saturday (February 12), three and a half weeks after her viral Tweets, the campaigner, who has be...

INEC-N305bn Required To Conduct 2023 Elections

On Monday 20th December, 2021, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), through its Chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu says the commission will require N305 billion to conduct the 2023 general elections. The INEC Boss, made this known in a statement during a meeting with the Senate Committee on Appropriation at the National Assembly. This amount will facilitate the electoral process by aiding the commission to prepare for the election. It will go a long way to assist in the purchase of all the election materials needed and also cover several bye-elections across the country. The INEC Chairman noted however that the commission has already received N100 billion out of the required amount for the elections. The National Assembly is yet to receive a letter from President Muhammad Buhari on his decision to give or withdraw his assent to the Electoral Act Amendment Bill. The 30-day deadline stipulated by the constitution for the President to respond to the bill expired on Sunday...