Skip to main content

The African Democratic Congress (ADC) Suspends Its Presidential Candidate, Dumebi Kachikwu


The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has suspended its presidential candidate Dumebi Kachikwu, accusing him of making a false, misguided and defamatory video, among other infractions. 

The party also considered Kachikwu’s action as “crass irresponsibility, gross indiscipline, disingenuous scandalization and blackmail, and completely unfit of someone who wants to be President of Nigeria.”

In a statement released to newsmen Saturday in Abuja, signed by the party’s Deputy National Chairman (Politics) Dr. Bamidele Ajadi, the party said the decision was taken after an emergency National Working Committee (NWC) meeting which held on Friday, September 2.

“The NWC viewed with great concern the baseless and defamatory video made, published and circulated by Mr. Dumebi Kachikwu, which was intended to disparage and impugn the integrity and image of a peaceful and transformation oriented African Democratic Congress and its national officers.”

The NWC also noted that since the 9th of June 2022 when he was elected the presidential candidate, he has failed, neglected and/or refused to share with the party, any meaningful, constructive or reasonable Presidential Campaign Roadmap for the forthcoming presidential election.

“His negative actions and/or inactions so far, have put in jeopardy the fate and prospects of all our candidates contesting for various offices across the country. The committee of the whole house, in a very clear and unequivocal term condemned the said video in its entirety and described it as a piece of badly crafted blackmail and mudslinging, and thereby unanimously recommended his immediate suspension from the party from today, Friday 2nd September, 2022. 

The NWC strongly believes that to demean the character of the founders and financiers of ADC, who have worked tirelessly to build an enviable brand td crass irresponsibility, gross indiscipline, disingenuous scandalization and blackmail, and completely unfit of someone who wants to be President of Nigeria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Wins Big In Governor Nyesom Wike's Local Government Area

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, has won the Obio-Akpor, the Local Government Area of Governor Nyesom Wike in Rivers State by a landslide. Tinubu polled 80,239 votes to defeat the Candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, who came a distant second with 3,829 and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), who got 368 votes.

N1.15bn Vehicles Purchase For Niger Republic-The Federal Government Gives Reasons

The Federal Government, on Wednesday, defends the disbursement of N1.15bn for the purchase of 10 SUVs for the Republic of Niger, saying that the move is to enable the country to safeguard its territory in the best interest of Nigeria’s security. The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, said it was not the first time Nigeria is supporting her neighbours. She asserted that the President had a responsibility to make such decisions “in the best interests of the country.” She said this while answering questions from State House Correspondents after the Federal Executive Council meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari. According to the Minister;  “Let me just say that, over time, Nigeria has had to support its neighbours, especially immediate neighbours, to enhance their capacity to secure their countries as it relates to us. “This is not the first time that Nigeria has supported Niger, Cameroon or Chad, and the President makes an assessment as to what i...

Hushpuppi Gets 11-Year Jail Term

Ramon Abbas popularly referred to as  ‘HUSHPUPPI,' has been sentenced to 11 years in prison in the United States. The instagram 'big boy,' will however, spend nine years in prison because he had spent two years already in the US following his arrest in Dubai in 2020. In June 2020, Hushpuppi was arrested in Dubai over an extensive fraud scheme that has robbed victims of their money in the U.S, Qatar, the United Kingdom, and other places. In a final appeal to judge Otis Wright ahead of his scheduled sentencing on September 19, Hushpuppi wrote a personal letter to the court narrating his source of wealth, criminal adventure and regrets. Abbas, apologised to his family members for bringing them shame while commending the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for doing a thorough job in bringing him to justice.