Skip to main content

The United States, Looks IntoTest Requirement For International Travel.

U.S. Lifts COVID-19 Test Requirement For International Travel.

The Biden administration is lifting its requirement that international air travelers to the U.S. take a COVID-19 test within a day before boarding their flights.

A senior administration official said the mandate expires Sunday at 12:01 a.m. EDT, saying the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has determined that it’s no longer necessary. The official, speaking Friday on the condition of anonymity to preview the formal announcement,

said that the agency would reevaluate the need for the testing requirement every 90 days and that it could be reinstated if a troubling new variant emerges.

The Biden administration put in place the testing requirement last year, as it moved away from restrictions that banned nonessential travel from several dozen countries — most of Europe, China, Brazil, South Africa, India and Iran — and instead focuses on classifying individuals by the risk they pose to others. It came in conjunction with a requirement that foreign, non-immigrant adults traveling to the United States need to be fully vaccinated, with only limited exceptions.

The initial mandate allowed those who were fully vaccinated to show proof of a negative test within three days of travel, while unvaccinated people had to present a test taken within one day of travel.

Culled.

Source: Huffpost


Comments

  1. I mean!!! I am fully vaccinated and show no sign of symptoms why should I do a PCR test 🥺🥺🥺 the protocols are already too much to suck in!!!! Scrap that test off for Godsake!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type your comments here

Popular posts from this blog

23 children and 54 Others Camped In A Church, In Ondo State, Rescued By The Police

The Ondo State Police Command said a total of 77 people were found locked in the basement of a church; Whole Bible Deliverance Church located at Valentino Area of Ondo town, Ondo State, reports the Punch News. The police said that the victims comprised 23 kids and 54 others including teenagers and adults, males and females. It was alleged that the victims were kidnapped and kept in the underground apartment of the church for over six months before they were rescued. The church’s pastor and some other members are currently in the custody of the command while the police had begun investigation into the matter In a one-minute, 40 seconds video, a voice was heard saying, “There are kidnapped children found in the underground cell of a church in Valentino Area of Ondo. The pastor and some members of the church have been arrested and were also in the police patrol van.’’ One of the parents of the rescued victims, Mr Michael Olorunyomi, said that he left the church because of alleged wrong Bi...

Britain-ASDA Slashes Prices On Rice, Pasta And Baked Beans

Asda slashes prices on pasta, rice and baked beans to help ‘millions’ of Britain’s poorest families. Following a successful campaign by anti-poverty blogger and budget chef Jack Monroe, Asda has slashed the prices of hundreds of kitchen staples, helping "millions" of Brits. Last month Monroe, a former food bank user, urged supermarkets to make their cheapest food ranges more widely available after highlighting the inflation in key products such as rice and the removal of value ranges from the shelves in her local Asda in Essex. Her Twitter thread warning that official inflation figures "grossly underestimated" the impact of the current cost of living crisis on Britain's poorest families went viral and generated a media storm. In response, on Monday (February 7) Asda committed to stocking its full Smart Price and Farm Stores ranges in all of its stores and online. On Saturday (February 12), three and a half weeks after her viral Tweets, the campaigner, who has be...

INEC-N305bn Required To Conduct 2023 Elections

On Monday 20th December, 2021, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), through its Chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu says the commission will require N305 billion to conduct the 2023 general elections. The INEC Boss, made this known in a statement during a meeting with the Senate Committee on Appropriation at the National Assembly. This amount will facilitate the electoral process by aiding the commission to prepare for the election. It will go a long way to assist in the purchase of all the election materials needed and also cover several bye-elections across the country. The INEC Chairman noted however that the commission has already received N100 billion out of the required amount for the elections. The National Assembly is yet to receive a letter from President Muhammad Buhari on his decision to give or withdraw his assent to the Electoral Act Amendment Bill. The 30-day deadline stipulated by the constitution for the President to respond to the bill expired on Sunday...