Skip to main content

The APC Presidential Flag Bearer Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu-My Certificates Were Stolen By Unknown Persons

As mandated by the Nigerian constitution, the personal details of the 16 presidential candidates and their running mates who will be standing for the February 25, 2023 election, were published by The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Friday.

This act is to enable members of the public to verify the claims made by the candidates about themselves and qualification for election.

The publication that concerns the candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has predictably attracted intense interest. Bola Ahmed Tinubu claimed that his certificates were stolen after he was forced into exile by the military dictatorship of the late Sani Abacha.

Mr Tinubu also did not attach the certificates for his tertiary education and gave no information on his primary and secondary education. 

He however sworn to an affidavit attached to the INEC form.

He wrote in the affidavit: “I went on self-exile from October 1994 to October 1998. When I returned, I discovered that all my property, including all the documents relating to my qualifications and my certificates in respect of paragraph three above, were looted by unknown persons.

“My house was a target of series of searches by various security agents from the time the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was forced to adjourn following the military takeover of government of 17th November 1993.

"I was the chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriation, banking and finance. I was also a plaintiff in one of the two suits against the interim national government in 1993.

“I went on exile when it became clear to me that my life was in danger,” Mr Tinubu said in his claim.

These were the same claim of loss of certificates in his filings with INEC in 1999 and 2003 when he ran for governor of Lagos State. However, he had stated in 1999 that he attended St Paul Children’s Home School, Ibadan, from 1958 to 1964 and Government College, Ibadan (GCI) from1965 to 1968 before proceeding to Richard Daley College, Chicago, from 1969 to 1971 and the University of Chicago.

Below is an extract from Mr Tinubu's claim, made in 1999:

"On the 29th day of December, 1999, at the Ikeja High Court, Lagos State, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu swore to an affidavit wherein he deposed that he attended University of Chicago from 1972-1976 and Chicago State University from 1977-1979 and obtained Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics, qualified as certified public accountant.

“On the 28th day of December, 1999, at Ikeja High Court, Lagos state, Senator BAT swore to an affidavit attached to INEC Form CF 001 which Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu submitted, wherein he deposed that he attended;

“(A) Government College, Ibadan, from 1965 to 1968.

(B) Richard Daley College, Chicago Illinois, USA from 1969 to 1971.

(C) University of Chicago from 1972 to 1976

(D) Chicago State University from 1977 to 1979.

The reactions of the media and some of the opposition parties so far indicate that the development may promptly escalate into another controversy.



Comments

  1. If he can't find his certificates he must at least have school mate's & school records

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type your comments here

Popular posts from this blog

23 children and 54 Others Camped In A Church, In Ondo State, Rescued By The Police

The Ondo State Police Command said a total of 77 people were found locked in the basement of a church; Whole Bible Deliverance Church located at Valentino Area of Ondo town, Ondo State, reports the Punch News. The police said that the victims comprised 23 kids and 54 others including teenagers and adults, males and females. It was alleged that the victims were kidnapped and kept in the underground apartment of the church for over six months before they were rescued. The church’s pastor and some other members are currently in the custody of the command while the police had begun investigation into the matter In a one-minute, 40 seconds video, a voice was heard saying, “There are kidnapped children found in the underground cell of a church in Valentino Area of Ondo. The pastor and some members of the church have been arrested and were also in the police patrol van.’’ One of the parents of the rescued victims, Mr Michael Olorunyomi, said that he left the church because of alleged wrong Bi...

Britain-ASDA Slashes Prices On Rice, Pasta And Baked Beans

Asda slashes prices on pasta, rice and baked beans to help ‘millions’ of Britain’s poorest families. Following a successful campaign by anti-poverty blogger and budget chef Jack Monroe, Asda has slashed the prices of hundreds of kitchen staples, helping "millions" of Brits. Last month Monroe, a former food bank user, urged supermarkets to make their cheapest food ranges more widely available after highlighting the inflation in key products such as rice and the removal of value ranges from the shelves in her local Asda in Essex. Her Twitter thread warning that official inflation figures "grossly underestimated" the impact of the current cost of living crisis on Britain's poorest families went viral and generated a media storm. In response, on Monday (February 7) Asda committed to stocking its full Smart Price and Farm Stores ranges in all of its stores and online. On Saturday (February 12), three and a half weeks after her viral Tweets, the campaigner, who has be...

INEC-N305bn Required To Conduct 2023 Elections

On Monday 20th December, 2021, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), through its Chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu says the commission will require N305 billion to conduct the 2023 general elections. The INEC Boss, made this known in a statement during a meeting with the Senate Committee on Appropriation at the National Assembly. This amount will facilitate the electoral process by aiding the commission to prepare for the election. It will go a long way to assist in the purchase of all the election materials needed and also cover several bye-elections across the country. The INEC Chairman noted however that the commission has already received N100 billion out of the required amount for the elections. The National Assembly is yet to receive a letter from President Muhammad Buhari on his decision to give or withdraw his assent to the Electoral Act Amendment Bill. The 30-day deadline stipulated by the constitution for the President to respond to the bill expired on Sunday...