Skip to main content

Kim Kardashian Responds To Claims She Damaged Marilyn Monroe's Dress

 

Kim says;

"There were handlers in gloves that put it on me," the reality TV icon told "Today" in an interview, adding that she wore the gown for just four minutes in total.

Kim Kardashian has broken her silence on claims that she damaged Marilyn Monroe’s vintage gown at last month’s Met Gala.

Appearing on “Today” Tuesday, the reality TV icon dismissed media speculation that the dress had been stretched to the point of being “ripped” and “tattered,” and was now missing some of its rhinestones.

"I showed up to the red carpet in a robe and slippers and I put the dress on at the bottom of the carpet, went up the stairs,” Kardashian recalled. “I probably had it on for three minutes, four minutes, and then I changed right at the top of the stairs.”

“There were handlers in gloves that put it on me,” she added.

Elsewhere in the interview, Kardashian said she held deep respect for Monroe, who died in 1962 at age 36, and understood “how much this dress means to American history.”

Monroe wore the shimmery gown ― fitted with 2,500 rhinestones on sheer, nude-colored fabric ― to President John F. Kennedy’s 45th birthday celebration in 1962, where she crooned a sultry rendition of “Happy Birthday.”

Kardashian has been hit with a barrage of criticism after borrowing the dress from its current owner, the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! museum, for the Met Gala, which she attended with boyfriend Pete Davidson. Among those to publicly disapprove of her wearing the dress was designer Bob Mackie, who sketched the original gown specifically for Monroe.

“Nobody else should be seen in that dress,” he told Entertainment Weekly.

The backlash began to intensify last week, after questions about the state in which Kardashian returned the dress were raised by ChadMichael Morrisette, a visual artist who regularly helps handle and display costumes.

Source:HuffPost


Comments

  1. WahalaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ her butt did the damage πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dress of 1962 & still relevant till date wow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type your comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Prince Charles, Prince Of Wales, Reportedly Accepted Suitcase With 1 Million Euros From Qatari Sheikh

A British newspaper, the Sunday Times, reported the Prince of Wales once accepted a suitcase containing €1 million ($1.05 million) in cash from a Qatari politician. The paper says this was one of three cash donations from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim totalling three million euros. The suitcase containing €1 million in cash was one of three lots of cash he personally received, totaling €3 million, from former Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani between 2011 and 2015.  The Sunday Times reported on one occasion, Sheikh Hamad gave Prince Charles €1 million reportedly stuffed into carrier bags from the upmarket London department store, Fortnum and Mason. On another occasion, Prince Charles accepted a duffel bag containing €1 million during a private one-on-one meeting at Clarence House in 2015, the Sunday Times reports. The Sunday Times reports the payments were deposited into the accounts of the Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund (PWCF), an entity that bankrolls ...

Travis Barker- Reason For His Hospitalization Is Disclosed: He Suffers Pancreatitis

TMZ came out with a rushed report on Travis Baker's condition, says Marca News. According to TMZ, Travis Barker who is at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, was taken to the hospital with pancreatitis and doctors believe it was caused by a colonoscopy he recently got. However, they got the facts wrong because the colon is in no way connected to the pancreas. The procedure that probably got Travis hospitalized is called a cholecystectomy, which is a similar endoscopic procedure to detect problems with the pancreas.  We asked a medical professional about this and this is what they confirmed, that Travis Barker possibly suffers gallstone pancreatitis. News Source:  Marca