Skip to main content

In A Random Attack, A Woman Is Lit On Fire On A Toronto bus; Man Apprehended, Police Say

Dundas, Kipling Centre.

A woman lays in the hospital with critical injuries, she was set ablaze on a Toronto bus in what police say was a "random" attack. 

The woman in her 20's was attacked by a 35-year-old man. The woman remains in hospital with life-altering injuries, most of which are second and third-degree burns, media relations officer Toronto police Const. Alex Li told reporters outside Kipling station, where the incident took place.

The suspect has been arrested with charges pending, police say.

Toronto police were called to the Kipling Avenue and Dundas Street West area around 12:30 p.m. for reports of a woman being assaulted. Police say a man poured a liquid substance on the woman and ignited it, causing a fire.

The woman was rushed to Sunnybrook Hospital. There's no word on her current condition.

It's unknown what motivated the attack, but Li says there was some sort of interaction between the man and woman before it happened. Police continue to investigate

Friday's incident comes on the heels of at least two other notable attacks at Toronto subway stations. In April, international student Kartik Vasudev was killed in a shooting outside Sherbourne subway station. That same month, a 39-year-old narrowly escaped being hit by a train after she was pushed onto the tracks from a subway platform at Bloor-Yonge subway station.

Then, late last month, a man was robbed and beaten outside Dundas subway station. Christian Garcia told CBC News he wanted to see more security and staff at TTC stops. 

News Source: CBC News


Comments

  1. God Help us🥺🥺🥺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random victim 🥺🥺🥺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type your comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Prince Charles, Prince Of Wales, Reportedly Accepted Suitcase With 1 Million Euros From Qatari Sheikh

A British newspaper, the Sunday Times, reported the Prince of Wales once accepted a suitcase containing €1 million ($1.05 million) in cash from a Qatari politician. The paper says this was one of three cash donations from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim totalling three million euros. The suitcase containing €1 million in cash was one of three lots of cash he personally received, totaling €3 million, from former Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani between 2011 and 2015.  The Sunday Times reported on one occasion, Sheikh Hamad gave Prince Charles €1 million reportedly stuffed into carrier bags from the upmarket London department store, Fortnum and Mason. On another occasion, Prince Charles accepted a duffel bag containing €1 million during a private one-on-one meeting at Clarence House in 2015, the Sunday Times reports. The Sunday Times reports the payments were deposited into the accounts of the Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund (PWCF), an entity that bankrolls ...

Travis Barker- Reason For His Hospitalization Is Disclosed: He Suffers Pancreatitis

TMZ came out with a rushed report on Travis Baker's condition, says Marca News. According to TMZ, Travis Barker who is at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, was taken to the hospital with pancreatitis and doctors believe it was caused by a colonoscopy he recently got. However, they got the facts wrong because the colon is in no way connected to the pancreas. The procedure that probably got Travis hospitalized is called a cholecystectomy, which is a similar endoscopic procedure to detect problems with the pancreas.  We asked a medical professional about this and this is what they confirmed, that Travis Barker possibly suffers gallstone pancreatitis. News Source:  Marca