Skip to main content

In The Spotlight

Halle Berry clears up speculation she wed boyfriend Van Hunt: 'We were just having some New Year's Day fun!'

setting the record straight: She did not say "I do."

The Oscar winner and boyfriend Van Hunt sparked rumors they'd wed over New Year's weekend after Halle Berry posted a photo of the couple kissing in a chapel during their tropical getaway. 

Well…IT’S OFFICIAL!" the 55-year-old star captioned the shot. A second slide shows her and singer-songwriter Hunt posing for a selfie with "It's 2022!" written over it. While Berry apparently just meant that it's officially 2022, most commenters came away thinking that she and Hunt were official — as in, married.

Those commenters include stars like Naomi Campbell, Octavia Spencer, Taraji P. Henson and Dwayne Johnson, who all left notes congratulating Berry on what would be her fourth marriage. The mom of two has previously been married to baseball star David Justice, singer Eric Benét and actor Olivier Martinez. 

"Congrats you two!!! Beautiful!!" Johnson wrote, while Thandiwe Newton said she was crying "tears of joy" over the news.

Alas, it was all a false alarm. On Sunday, Berry and Hunt returned to Instagram to confirm that their so-called wedding announcement was just a joke that didn't really land. 

"We were just having some New Year’s Day fun!" Berry wrote. "People clearly don’t swipe as much as we thought they did. Thank you for the well wishes, tho’, it really touched our hearts! Now it’s OFFICIAL, the internet is no longer undefeated."

The Bruised star added the hashtags #NoMoreSwipes4Me and #JanuaryFoolsDay.

But while Berry and Hunt, 51, aren't married, they are still very much together. In a recent interview with Women's Health, the actress spoke glowingly of her relationship with the Grammy winner, whom she has dated since 2020.

"I wish I had met him sooner so I could have loved him longer," she said. "I just feel fulfilled. I feel happy in my life romantically, as a mother, as an artist. I'm a much better mother in this circumstance than I would have been had I stayed in a romantic relationship that didn't serve me and didn't make me feel the way I need to feel as a woman."

Comments

  1. Love has no age😍😍 Enjoy the moment and don't regret not having this earlier cuz Gods time is the best 😍😍.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type your comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Wins Big In Governor Nyesom Wike's Local Government Area

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, has won the Obio-Akpor, the Local Government Area of Governor Nyesom Wike in Rivers State by a landslide. Tinubu polled 80,239 votes to defeat the Candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, who came a distant second with 3,829 and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), who got 368 votes.

Christmas Is Here!

This article is written by 8 years old Princess Jasmin O. Obuotor. Preparing Sharwama for Christmas.  Merry Christmas! I want to tell you how to spice up your Christmas menu by adding sharwama. : Ingredients and procedures for a delicious sharwarma; So what you do first is you get your sharwarma bread and start mixing ketchup and mayonnaise together in a cup or bowl or anywhere you want to mix it. So when you are done mixing the ketchup and mayonnaise together, get your sharwarma bread and rub the mixture on the sharwarma bread. Next you get carrot and cabbage. Then you get your meat, you can either buy beef or chicken. If you like pepper, you can add hot sauce or pepper to the mix of ingredients for the sharwama and then you grate the carrot and cabbage then put it on the sharwarma bread. Next, you get out your sausage and fry it along with your chicken or beef. You can choose to either fry your beef or fry your chicken. Or boil the chicken or the beef instead of frying. ...

SOUL FOOD: THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING.

           image credit: http://shuttershock.com Is it really true that "as a man thinks in his heart so is he?"