Skip to main content

British Prince Andrew-Stripped Of Royal Privileges

Stripped of royal patronages and military affiliations as sex abuse lawsuit moves ahead - Prince Andrew. 

These are not the pleasant of times for Britain's Prince Andrew, who has been stripped of royal patronages and military affiliations — with the queen's approval — a day after a U.S. district judge rejected his motion to dismiss a lawsuit brought by Virginia Giuffre that alleges he sexually abused her when she was 17. 

"The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen," a Buckingham Palace spokesperson said Thursday.

All of his roles have been handed back to Queen Elizabeth and will be redistributed to other members of the royal family, according to a royal source. He also will no longer be using "His Royal Highness" in any official capacities. 

Andrew's lawyers had argued that the lawsuit that is now moving ahead should be thrown out because of a 2009 deal that Guiffre signed with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Judge Lewis Kaplan said the 2009 deal "cannot be seen" to benefit Andrew.

It is possible that Andrew will decide to fight the case in court, but given the negative light that process would shine on his family, most analysts see it as highly unlikely. As a U.K. resident, he could also simply refuse to cooperate with a trial if it does go ahead, but that tactic could be disastrous.

The prince's best option, CBS News legal analyst Rikki Klieman said, is to try to reach a settlement with Giuffre out of court, to stop the case going to trial. But Giuffre would have to agree to that option, and so far, her legal team has indicated no inclination to do so.

Giuffre, who claims the prince sexually assaulted her on multiple occasions when she was a teenager, told CBS News in 2020 that Andrew "should be panicking," and that the royal "needs to be held accountable."

Prince Andrew denies all the accusations and has never been charged with a crime. He claims to have no recollection of meeting Giuffre, despite the two of them being photographed together when Giuffre was a teenager. Epstein's former girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell, who was convicted in December of grooming and trafficking minors for sexual abuse, appears in the same photo.

Once regarded as a handsome, playboy prince, Andrew's name is now indelibly stained by his friendships with convicted sex offenders Epstein and Maxwell.

Credit: CBS NEWS 

Comments

  1. The judges should look into it very well before any final judgement

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type your comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Wins Big In Governor Nyesom Wike's Local Government Area

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, has won the Obio-Akpor, the Local Government Area of Governor Nyesom Wike in Rivers State by a landslide. Tinubu polled 80,239 votes to defeat the Candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, who came a distant second with 3,829 and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), who got 368 votes.

Floyd Mayweather In Tears Of Joy, As He Is Inducted Into International Boxing Hall Of Fame

  Floyd Mayweather is now inducted into the Hall of Fame. At the induction ceremony, he expressed his gratitude towards his father for introducing him to boxing. After winning every belt throughout his career, the former boxer made the Hall of Fame along with legends Wladimir Klitschko and Andre Ward. The boxer could not hold back tears of joy. "I said that I wouldn't cry," Mayweather said. "This is unbelievable. This is one of the best days of my life. "I love my dad because without him this wouldn't be possible for me." Accepting the honour, Mayweather said: “I done a lot in my career, but this is by far the best,” crediting his mum, dad and sister for much of his success. “I want to thank the International Boxing Hall of Fame for giving me this. This right here is going to my dad because he deserves it. Bernard Hopkins said it best — `You’ve got to earn it.′ — and my dad earned this ring. “I want to say thank you to everybody for your support. I want...

Kaduna-Abuja Train Attack: I Said No To Terrorists Commnader’s Marriage Proposal – Azurfa Lois John

Tukur Mamu, a negotiator of victims held hostage and the Publisher of Desert Herald, had on August 20, 2022 raised an alarm that the terrorists’ commander had fallen in love with the 21-year- Azurfa Lois John, a victim of the train attack.  In an interview with newsmen on Tuesday, Azurfa Lois John, who was among the 23 released Abuja-Kaduna train victims, said the terrorists’ commander proposed to marry her but she rejected the offer. She said, “Yes, it is true that one of the terrorist commanders picked and proposed to marry me but it was just an offer and I rejected it. "I was not the only one the terrorists offered to marry. They would just ask you, I want to marry you, I want to keep you and I want you to change your religion and convert to my religion. So, it is left for you to either agree or reject,” she said. According to her, from the scene of the attack, “I saw that the train just derailed, the terrorists entered the train, they started shooting sporadically and they ask...