Skip to main content

Interesting Read! Tina Turner Got Married Again At 73 - No Wedding Guest Minded Her Age

“No One Minded The Bride Was Aged 73” - Tina Turner.

Tina Turner On Her Wedding Day

The late ‘Private Dancer’ singer was overjoyed when she finally found love again with German music producer Erwin Bach, 67, following her abusive marriage to her former music partner Ike Turner, and married him at their home in Switzerland in 2013.

She told in her brutally honest autobiography ‘My Love Story’ about the big day: “My wedding day could not have been more perfect or spectacular – and no one minded a bit that the bride was aged 73.

“I’d organised the whole thing myself, and that included importing more than 100,000 roses to bedeck the grounds of our home in Switzerland.

“As friends gathered, sipping champagne on that glorious day in July 2013, the air was filled with the most wonderful scent.”

She said about her choice of music at the event: “A lot of thought had gone into my choice of wedding music. If you listen to Frank Sinatra’s ‘My Way’, the words fit my life perfectly: ‘The record shows I took the blows /And did it my way.’ I had to have that one!

“Despite my famously abusive first marriage to Ike Turner, I’d managed to find love beyond my wildest dreams.”

                               Tina Turner and Erwin Bach

Tina was beaten with a shoe straightener by Ike as he didn’t want to hurt his guitar playing hand and he subjected her to sex she said felt like rape.

But she said about only agreeing to marry Erwin – who was by her side when she died aged 83 from “natural causes” last week – after his second proposal: “I just wanted to be with Erwin more and more.

"I wasn’t looking for a husband; I just wanted to be loved. Childhood – never loved. Past relationships – never loved. My whole life – never really loved.

“More than anything, I needed to feel that Erwin loved me. And he did. He really did.

“In 1989, when I was about to turn 50, he proposed… I felt good. I’d never smoked or taken drugs. I was still in good shape after 50 years of intensive stage workouts. I still looked pretty good, too: in 2013, German Vogue asked me to be on its cover. I think I can safely say that, at 73, I was the oldest cover ‘girl’ in Vogue's history at that point.

“The year before, Erwin had proposed once again, and this time I'd answered with an emphatic ‘Yes!.’

“It was a commitment that didn’t come easily to me, but I knew he was the love of my life."

Credit: Yahoo!News


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video! Breaking!The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), In Protest Match, Demanding The Cancelation Of The 2023 Presidential Election.

  The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), led by the party’s presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar had a peaceful protest match in Abuja, today, March 6th, 2023. There was a huge turnout of party faithful, carrying placards while demanding and chanting "CANCEL ELECTIONS! and ATIKU WON THE ELECTION!" More details loading

In a Flash - Nigerian News Dailies

The Guardian Northern group urges Buhari to sack Emefiele, team over naira redesign. Threatens protest in North, FCT Concerned Northern Forum (CNF) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Dr. Godwin Emefiele, and his team within seven days over controversies trailing the plan to redesign the nation’s currency. CNF, during a press briefing at the Arewa House in Kaduna, yesterday, said failure to meet their demand would force it to stage massive protests across the Northern region and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Daily Post Floods: Bayelsa not among 10 most affected states – Humanitarian Minister, Farouq. Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq has said Bayelsa State is not among the ten most affected states by flooding, rather Jigawa, Anambra and Kogi tops the lists. The Punch ● Afenifere senior chiefs to settle Fasoranti-Adebanjo row. Leaders of the apex Yoruba socio-cu

Professor Isa Odidi, Lead Nigerians From The Diaspora, Calls On Atiku Abubakar To Fix Nigeria

On Tuesday, 22 March 2022, Nigerians from the diaspora in a clarion call for a 'FIX' Nigeria, called on His Excellency Atiku Abubakar to join the race for the candidacy for the President of Nigeria under the People's Democratic Party (PDP).                       Nigerians from Diaspora  They came out en mass to support the Atiku Abubakar Presidential bid. There was massive turn out of the crème de la crème. The Nigerians from the diaspora were led by Professor Isa Odidi, the erudite pharmacist, celebrated scientist, distinguished innovator, first-rate technocrat, tireless researcher and consummate entrepreneur. A cross-section of the Nigerians from Diaspora with his Excellency, Atiku Abubakar. They gave their unequivocal support to Atiku Abubakar, stating his wealth of experience in Politicking and his remarkable achievements over the years, especially his years as the Vice President of Nigeria.  They reiterated that his tenor in office as Vice President, with the former Pr